Area of expertise: online brand protection; and out-of-court settlement of disputes related to intellectual property rights.
I have been working in the brand protection industry since 2002 both in the private sector and in academia. My Ph.D. thesis deals with alternative methods of settling disputes relating to intellectual property rights.
I advise parties on IP-related arbitration issues, and complex extra-judicial cases relating to domain names. I participated in several ICC international arbitration proceedings, with seats in Paris and London, involving questions relating to the connection between arbitration law and IP law.
- Doctor of Laws, University of Grenoble (Arbitration of intellectual property disputes)
- Paris Bar (not registered)
- Master in International Arbitration, University of Versailles
- Master in Intellectual Property, University of Montpellier
- Certificate in White Collar Crimes, University of Montpellier
- Certificate in “University Teaching”, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Certificate in “Becoming Online Teacher”, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- French nationality
- Languages: French, and English
- Location: Sydney
- Intellectual property
- Online brand protection
- Dispute resolution
- Valuation strategy
- Commercial arbitration
I hold a Ph. D in law from the University of Grenoble (France). My thesis deals with out-of-court dispute resolution and intellectual property. Previously, I had devoted my master’s thesis to the extra-judicial settlement of copyright disputes.
My current research tends to demonstrate that the 1958 New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards could be an effective instrument in the fight against cybersquatting and online counterfeiting, using erga omnes arbitration agreements.
I taught the legal aspects of domain names and domain name system governance at Montpellier 1 University for several years. Subsequently, I held a teaching fellow position at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU Faculty of Business), where I taught contract law, torts, and legal aspects of e-commerce. I obtained two certificates for teaching at university, one of which is dedicated to blended learning.
- Comité Français de l’Arbitrage (CFA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)